I just finished beta testing the iA Presenter Markdown-based presentation software.
tl/dr: It’s really good! But it’s not for me.
What it is: A macOS app that enables you to quickly create great looking slideshow presentations using a slightly enhanced version of Markdown.
Why I liked it:
- Delightfully easy to use
- Gorgeous presentation defaults
- Opinionated tutorial, teaches you to make better presentations
Why it’s not for me:
- My workplace uses Google Slides.
- I don’t create presentations except for work.
- While iA Presenter can be used to create Markdown-based blog posts, it’s priced for professional users, which makes it too expensive for hobby use.
Anyway, I had fun using it, and I wish iA well in their launch and in their future endeavors.